XPath 2.0 and XPointer

From: <AndrewWatt2000@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:23:26 EST
To: www-xpath-comments@w3.org
I wonder if someone can clarify for me, and therefore for all readers of the
XPath 2.0 specification, the relationship between XPath 2.0 and XPointer.

Administratively/procedurally there now appears to be no connection with the
WG developing XPointer. Is that actually the case?

The only mention of XPointer that I can find in the current draft is the link
to XPointer in Appendix B.3. I assume that is a relic of the mentions of
XPointer in the text of XPath 1.0. Perhaps the reference should be given a
link from within the main text, which might also usefully explicitly address
the relationship of XPath 2.0 with XPointer.

Andrew Watt