RE: XML Base and XPath absolutizing of URIs

I apologize for not being entirely caught up on this thread yet.  I do want
to make one "side comment":

At 04:33 PM 6/8/00 -0700, John Boyer wrote:
>Yes, absolutely no problem with XBase.  The connection to XBase comes from
>the fact that XLink is considered to be dependent on XBase.  Since XLink is
>also based on XPointer, which in turn is based on XPath, one naturally
>concludes that XBase may impact XPath.

XLink is not based on XPointer; it has no dependency on it.  XLink and
XPointer can be used entirely separately, as when you have a "third-party"
(out-of-line) XLink extended link that associates two GIFs, or when you
have an HTML document containing an <A HREF="..."> link into the structure
of an XML document.

         Eve
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    elm @ east.sun.com