XPath and Demeter

From: Karl Lieberherr <lieber@ccs.neu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 14:49:05 -0500 (EST)
To: jjc@jclark.com
Cc: www-xpath-comments@w3.org
Hi James:

Thank you for your XPath language. I like it a lot, especially
the "abbreviated" part of XPath.

We have been working on navigation languages for objects
(and documents) since 1990
as part of the Demeter project.
Several individuals have been involved, including
Jens Palsberg (Purdue), Boaz Patt-Shamir (Tel Aviv)
and Doug Orleans (Northeastern).

I think we
have some interesting insights that are relevant to both
XPath users and XPath implementors.

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/research/demeter/technology-transfer/XML/index2.html

contains information that is probably of interest to you and
XPath implementors and users.

Please let me know if you would like to get further information
on implementing XPath correctly and efficiently.

Best regards,
-- Karl Lieberherr
Demeter Project