Re: Definition of step

From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:52:50 +0700
To: "Weichel Bernhard (K3/EMW4) *" <Bernhard.Weichel@de.bosch.com>
CC: "'www-xpath-comments@w3.org'" <www-xpath-comments@w3.org>
Thanks for your comment.  I think it's unlikely that the WG would want
to consider a major redesign at this stage.

Also this suggestion seems to lose the convenience of the
abbreviations.  For example, being able to use simply

  foo

to select all foo children, or

 foo/bar

to select all the bar children of the foo children.  These abbreviations
account for a large percentage of the uses in XSLT and XPointer.