Re: XInclude test cases revised master list

From: Elliotte Harold - java FAQ <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:45:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
cc: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>, <www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org>

OK. The sentence in 4.5 "Intra-document references within xi:include
elements must be resolved against the source infoset." means there isn't
really a problem with same document references as I feared.
However, that they are not
treated the same as interdocument references is a little confusing. I
suggest adding something to section 3.1 about this; e.g. "XPointers that
point to the current docuemnt refer to the source infoset; all others
point to the acquired infoset."

Hmm, what happens if a same document reference is made with a URL in an
href attribute? And does this mean a multi-URL'd document could have
different results depending on which URL it was accessed from?

Anyway, the sentence after this is, "The effect of this
is that the order in which xi:include elements are processed does not
affect the result." This isn't actually true. Obviously as my test case
showed the order in which xi:include elements are processed does affect
the results. This sentecne should be rewritten so that it's clear this
only applies within one document; e.g. "The effect of this
is that the order in which xi:include elements in the same document  are
processed does not affect the result."

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@metalab.unc.edu