Re: FW: how does XInclude mix with XML Schema? XSLT?

From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:25:05 +0200
To: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, connolly@w3.org
Cc: public-xml-core@w3.org, www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 02:27:32PM -0700, Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> [...]

  It is unclear what "XInclude used in XML Schemas" means.
That could mean XSD schemas using XInclude instead of xsd:include
to generate bigger schemas, and in that case I don't really see the
point. That could also mean XSD validating the result of an XInclude
transformation but in that case what could be the problem, XInclude
generate an Infoset, and XSD works on an input infoset, I never heard
any problem with this.
  For XInclude and XSLT, yes this is used, people are using XInclude
to assemble large documents, and combine the XInclude and XSLT pass,
this is available as xsltproc --xinclude flag for example. It works
since if this feature breaks in some way I get bug reports. I also add
to pass the XInclude option down at the XSLT processor level since
people also wanted XInclude to apply to document() loaded parts.

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |