RE: Is inclusion stable?

The WG does not want to preclude streaming implementations.  To that end
XInclude places no requirements on whether URIs fetched twice return the
same representation or infoset.  We'll add a statement clarifying this
to the spec.  Resources and/or their representations can change over
time.  Two conformant XInclude processors might not generate the same
results if they are run at different times.  A single XInclude processor
might not generate the same results on two different runs.  In the face
of this, trying to ensure full compatibility between two XInclude
processors run at the "same time" doesn't seem to buy us much.

So, if you want to cache it, go ahead.  If you don't, that's fine too.