Re: FW: how does XInclude mix with XML Schema? XSLT?

From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:30:41 +0100
To: Greg Saunders <gregs@cochrane.de>
Cc: www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 10:13:02AM +0000, Greg Saunders wrote:

> Mr Veillard,
>
> I believe you wrote:
>
> "For XInclude and XSLT, yes this is used, people are using XInclude to
> assemble large documents," [1].
>
> Could you point me to some examples or tutorials that explain how to
> use XInclude to assemble documents?
>
> I am currently trying to do exactly that: include one schema-validated
> XML instance document in another schema-validated XML instance
> document.  Thus far, without involving XInclude, I have been using
> Xerces2-J to validate my schemas and XML instance documents.

  No idea if Xerces supports it and how. For libxml2 or libxslt
processing this is available as an API [1] or using the --xinclude
option of the command line tools xmllint [2] and xsltproc [3]

Daniel

[1] http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xinclude.html
[2] http://xmlsoft.org/xmllint.html
[3] http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/xsltproc.html