Fragment identifiers must not be used.

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:00:12 -0400
To: www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org

Section 3.1 states, "Fragment identifiers must not be used" (in URIs
in href attributes. OK. However, what happens if one is used? Is this
a fatal error? Should the processor just ignore it? I think this
should be spelled out. I think my preferred solution would be a
non-fatal error. IN fact, maybe this should instead read something
like. "XInclude processors must not use the fragment identifier in
the uRI if one is present."

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)