RE: External encoding information

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:47:54 -0700
To: "Oleg Tkachenko" <olegt@multiconn.com>, <www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org>

(Sorry for the delay, I haven't checked this list in a while.)

The most common type of external encoding information is the "charset"
parameter of a MIME package.  The XML Media Type registration RFC
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt) has more information about
determining the encoding of XML resources within the MIME universe.