RE: XML Schema for XInclude

Let me run your point back in detail to make sure I can communicate this
to the group correctly.

1) XInclude uses the "value" of the parsed attribute.  This should
probably be clarified that it uses the [normalized value] infoset
property.

2) The infoset [normalized value] property refers to the XML 1.0
attribute normalization section.

3) XML 1.0 collapses all whitespace runs into a single space, and then,
if the attribute type is not CDATA, it strips any leading and trailing
spaces.

4) The DTD fragment in the XInclude spec illustrates the parse attribute
as an enumeration - which is not CDATA and thus would strip leading and
trailing spaces.

5) The Schema fragment in the XInclude spec uses an enumeration of
xs:string, which does not strip leading and trailing spaces.

6) So, the DTD and Schema fragments are inconsistent as to whether
leading and trailing spaces are removed or not.  This needs to be fixed,
and xs:token looks like a good candidate fix.

7) In addition, XInclude processors may have an interoperability problem
depending on whether or not a DTD (or Schema) has been applied.  The
attribute parse=" xml " will have a normalized value of "xml" if a DTD
is present, and a normalized value of " xml " if one is not.
Presumably, the latter fails.  The Core WG should assess the impacts of
this problem.

Sound about right?

Thanks
- Jonathan