RE: XInclude processor implemented for cocoon

Great!  We appreciate the boost this gives XInclude.

> A couple of thoughts on the latest working draft - in section 3.1 you
> state that internal xpointer references must be resolved against the
> original source document. That's not so hard to do in DOM (though
> expensive if you do it merely by cloning the original document) but I
> think it's going to be quite tricky to do it in SAX.

You are probably right, I'll add this as an issue although I'm not sure we
can do much about it.

> Also, you don't state (as far as I could tell) what should happen to
> doctype nodes in included documents. I strip them, personally, but I
> reckon that might be considered bad behavior.

We have an issue on entities, under which I planned to debate this.  I'll
add another issue so that this is clearer.  I prefer to strip them too, but
we haven't dealt with this issue yet.

> Finally, I don't think you cover this case - suppose one wrote an xinclude
> w/ xpointer that resolved to a set of attributes, not elements. would that
> be an error or would those attributes be set on the including element:

Is is an error to attempt to include attributes, see section 3.3.3.

- Jonathan Marsh