RE: Question/comments about cross-document ID/IDREF for XInclude

We had an issue on this in a previous draft - the resolution was that IDs
are merely a result of schema validation and thus was orthogonal to the
XInclude draft.  The validation method determines what you might expect from
the result.

For instance, if IDs are declared via DTDs, the symbol spaces of the two
documents is combined, and IDs should work as if they were constructed as a
single document.  If there are duplicate IDs, you may get a document that is
valid in parts, but invalid as a whole - and this is not limited to just
duplicate IDs.

With Schema validation performed after inclusion, both the combined content
model and the uniqueness of IDs can be checked.  I think this is likely to
be the more common scenario.