charset pseudo-attribute

From: John E. Simpson <simpson@polaris.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:49:09 -0500
To: www-xml-stylesheet-comments@w3.org
In a message posted Feb. 8 1999, Makoto Murata suggested dropping (from
what was then just a Proposed Recommendation) the charset pseudo-attribute
from the xml-stylesheet PI. The pseudo-attribute was carried into the final
Rec, but I can find no documentation of its expected values, either here,
in the Errata, or in HTML 4.0.

Can one of you kind souls point me to a (more or less :) normative reference?

Thanks!

John E. Simpson          | "Is it weird in here, or is it just
http://www.flixml.org    | me?" -- Steven Wright
XML Q&A: www.xml.com     |