Re: incorrect URL within XML Schema 1.1 spec

The red box on the XPath 1.0 and 2.0 specs was changed to a less scary black box:

https://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116/

https://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-xpath20-20101214/

at the insistence of the XSL WG, who were horrified when they saw what had been done (*). It's a shame that the same change wasn't made to related docs such as F+O at the same time. I think the red box is far too strong for a spec that is "alive" in the sense that lots of people are using it and there are other specs that reference it normatively.

(*) I believe that Sharon, as XSL WG chair, felt that the joint XQuery/XSLT meeting had no authority to make changes to XPath 1.0.

Michael Kay
Saxonica