Re: XSD dated version for PR is 404

On Feb 28, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Innovimax SARL wrote:

> Dear,
>
> The spec says
>
> [[
>
> Independent copies of this material are available in an undated (mutable) version at http://www.w3.org/2009/XMLSchema/XMLSchema.xsd and in a dated (immutable) version at http://www.w3.org/2012/02/XMLSchema.xsd — the mutable version will be updated with future revisions of this specification, and the immutable one will not. [WG note: dated versions will be created only for public drafts, not for WG-internal drafts.]
>

> ]]
>
> But this URI http://www.w3.org/2012/02/XMLSchema.xsd gives 404

Sorry for the long-delayed response on this.

I think there has been some confusion here.   The text you quote appears to come from
a WG-internal copy of the spec (sent out 24 February to document the changes made in
response to your PR comments).  The copy at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/
has similar text, but it points to /2012/01 not /2012/02, and it does not include the sentence in
brackets warning WG members that there won't be a dated version corresponding to every
WG-internal draft of the spec.

There is in fact a copy of XMLSchema.xsd in /2012/01, and the reason that there was no
copy in /2012/02 (until we put one there after the comment arrived) is that the WG did not
issue any public drafts of XSD 1.1 during that month; the pointer to that location in the
WG-internal version of the spec is an artifact of the document production process.  The
bracketed comment was intended to make this clear to the reader, but we now have
evidence that it has failed to do the job for at least two readers:  you, reviewing the
changes made in https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/06/xmlschema-1/structures.ep35.html,
and me, reading your email of 28 February.  So I apologize for the poor drafting.

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net