List delimiters

From: Krieg, Jeremy <Jeremy.Krieg@youramigo.com>
Date: 05 Dec 2005 16:01:58 -0700
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Hi,

I've just been playing with the XML schema stuff, and I've found it
pretty useful.

One very simple enhancement that I thought could be useful is in the
<xsd:list> declaration. I think adding an attribute "delimiter" to this
element would be useful, so that we can have delimited lists with
user=specified delimiter characters (or perhaps delimiter strings). This
would be useful because some of the old XML that I am trying to retrofit
this to has simple lists, but they using commas as delimiters instead of
spaces.

There are one or two things that bug me about it that I haven't quite
been able to put into words yet, if/when I manage to do this I will send
further comments. For now, I hope that you find the above useful.

Cheers,
Jeremy Krieg
Lead Java Developer
YourAmigo Pty Ltd.