xml:lang in XML 1.0 (3e) and XML 1.1

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@nortel.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2005 14:56:05 -0600
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
This issue has been raised previously on this list
demsg001.crdc.kp.org;list=www-xml-schema-comments) and it appears that work
stalled waiting for RFC 3066bis to complete.

I have recently run into this problem and since it has been a year, I
thought it worthwhile raising the problem again.  I am really only concerned
at this stage about the first issue raised, that is, xml:lang is defined to
be valid as the empty string.