Fw: Clarification needed on validation rules for "skipped" subtree

From: Sandy Gao <sandygao@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:36:23 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Resending since it didn't reach the archive.

Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255
sandygao@ca.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Sandy Gao/Toronto/IBM on 03/04/2005 10:34 AM -----

Sandy Gao/Toronto/IBM
03/04/2005 09:27 AM

www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
cc

Subject
Clarification needed on validation rules for "skipped" subtree

Consider element information items ES and EL, where ES matches a skip
wildcard and EL is laxly assessed. And another two element information
items CS and CL who are children of EL and ES respectively.

I think the intention is that we don't try to assess CS, but do try to
assess CL. But I don't think the spec spells that out clearly.

Another case to consider is for Identity Constraints. What happens if a
selector or a field result in an EII or AII that's within a subtree headed
by an EII that matches a skip wildcard?

Strictly following the current spec, it seems that IDCs still apply. Is
this the intention?

Thanks,