mixed on both complexType and complexContent (E1-5)

From: <sandygao@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:58:53 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Is this allowed? ("mixed" appears on both complexType and complexContent.)

<complexType name="ct" mixed="true">
  <complexContent mixed="false">

I didn't find any constraint saying it's not allowed.

Assume it's allowed. E1-5 says:

[Definition:]  Let the effective mixed be the appropriate case among the
following:
1 If the mixed [attribute] is present on <complexContent>, then its ·actual
value·;
2 If the mixed [attribute] is present on <complexType>, then its ·actual
value·;
3 otherwise false.

Now both 1 and 2 applies. Which one should be used? (I think the intention
is that "mixed" on <complexContent> takes precedence. In that case, we at
least need an "otherwise" in clause 2 above.)

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255