Why did we change the type of the version attribute

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 30 Apr 2003 14:18:27 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

With 20-20 hindsight, I cannot for the life of me reconstruct why we
adopted E1-9 [1].  Since it looks like (see two previous messages)
we're going to have to make some other last-minute fixes, let's fix
this too, i.e. roll the change back out.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-errata.html#e1-9
                      Half-time member of W3C Team