Re: Feature incompatiblity in XML Schema 1.0

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 10:55:34 +0000
To: "Matthew Fuchs" <matt@westbridgetech.com>
Cc: "Don Box" <dbox@microsoft.com>, <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>, "Ashok Malhotra" <ashokma@microsoft.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, "Allen Brown" <allenbr@microsoft.com>

The schema docs as I posted them, without your additions, were legal,
because in the corresponding schema a) the
restriction accepted the same content as the base and b) it conformed
to the current by-cases restriction rules.  Your additions broke this,
by a) causing the restriction to accept more and b) breaking the
explicit by-cases rules.

In haste,