Suggestion: Order Types on Attribute Groups

From: Stewart (EXT), Heath <heath.stewart-eds@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:32:09 -0700
To: W3C XML Schema Comments list <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
Through attributeGroups, it would be nice to specify that the attribute
group could be optional as a whole (by specifying such on the complexType
or element), but that individual member are required.

An example use is with our external production XML schema. We have an
"attribute" attribute that requires both "categoryName" and "categoryType"
when "attribute" is defined. Through the suggestion above, we could enforce
that.

Heath Stewart
Software Engineer / Network Administrator
Proplanner.NET: Web-based Production Planning Solutions
<http://www.proplanner.net/>http://www.proplanner.net

Email: <mailto:heath.stewart@proplanner.net>heath.stewart@proplanner.net
Email: <mailto:clubstew@hotmail.com>clubstew@hotmail.com (Personal)
Phone: 515-296-3232