Re: TAG interested in progress on URIs for schema components (NUNs)

At 2002-10-17 14:50, Dan Connolly wrote:

>The TAG has an issue about QNames and URIs
>and the relationship between them...
>http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
>
>In recent discussion[24Sep] of this issue, somebody pointed
>out that the XML Schema WG has a very relevant
>work item in their charter:
>
>[[[
># the definition of a free-standing specification describing how to name
>or refer to arbitrary components in an XML Schema; in existing
>discussions these are sometimes referred to as normalized universal
>names or NUNs
>]]]
>-- http://www.w3.org/2001/12/xmlbp/xml-schema-wg-charter.html
>
>and I accepted an action to contact you to let you know that
>the TAG is interested to look at whatever solution you come
>up with to see if it addresses the issue we were asked
>to look at.

The XML Schema WG expects to publish a first public working
draft of a Schema Component Designator spec as soon as the
editors, staff contact, and chairs can manage the formalities.

The (member-only accessible) version of the document which the
WG reviewed at its ftf meeting earlier this week is at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-schema-ig/2002Oct/att-0050/01-part

The title (Normalized Universal Names) is outdated; I don't recall
whether the WG voted formally to change the title, but I expect
we will if we haven't done so already, since the expressions defined
by every proposal we have ever seen are not in fact names, and
in the version you referenced they are also not universal.

-CMSMcQ