How do I make entity references

From: Michael Nielsen (Info) <min@dsb.dk>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:31:17 -0600
To: W3C XML Schema Comments list <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

Im using a Java API to parse my XML. We use special HTML escape characters
for danish letters and that is giving me a headache. I cant use a DTD and a
XML Schema at the same time.

Here is what I try to do:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE asset PUBLIC "-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin 1 for XHTML//EN"

<asset category="g" description="Pressemeddelelse 15.05.1997#10"
method="create" name="Pressemeddelelse 15.05.1997#10"

As you can see I use the DOCTYPE at first and then use a schema too using
the xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute to retrieve the schema.

I have turned on validation in the parser which fails as it takes onboard
the DTD but not the schema. When I do not use the schema the XML Schema
ref. works fine until it meats the &aelig; entity.

The question might be answered if anybody could tell me how to create an
entity in my schema that maps &aelig; with &#230;

Thanx in advance!

Kind regards
Michael Nielsen
DSB Informatik