RE: delimiter for list items

From: Biron,Paul V <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:14:19 -0700
To: "'Xiaotao Wu'" <xiaotaow@cs.columbia.edu>, W3C XML Schema Comments list <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

During the development of the schema rec I presented a proposal to the WG to allow user defined delimiters.  The WG felt that the feature would add to the complexity of the spec/implementations and decided not to include it.  In the scope of schema v1.1 I don't think the WG will feel this feature is important enough, but there is some chance of it making its way into schema v2.

To help that happen, can you provide a specific use case as to why the feature "may be useful"?

pvb