Re: Does any moderate this mailing list !!!

Henry:

         There is so much JUNK and really BAD stuff going to this list that
I feel that many may not want to take it very seriously or even look at the
good stuff that makes it to the list.  Every morning I have to delete many
SPAM messages form my XML Comments filtered mail box.  It is more than
troublesome I have also had virus issues arise form this list.

         This list is an important tool need to make XML Schema successful,
so I am troubled by all the uncontrolled SPAM that is taking up most of the
entries to this list.  I really think we need to address this issue.  It
can be left opened, but then we need to filter out the SPAM before it is
sent out to be members of the list.  Yes it is work, but if we don't do
something it may become a useless tool in our efforts in making XML Schema
successful.

Chuck

At 10:05 AM 1/8/2002 +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Dmitry_Trifonov@exigengroup.com writes:
>
> > Does anybody moderate this mailing list !!!
>
>Sorry, it's a public list, as a matter of W3C policy (anyone should be
>able to comment on our Recommendations), and we don't have the human
>resources to moderate all our public lists.
>
>ht
>--
>   Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of Edinburgh
>           W3C Fellow 1999--2001, part-time member of W3C Team
>      2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
>             Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk

Charles E. Campbell Ph.D.                916-988-7144 Voice
Senior Software Engineer                916-988-6092 Fax
IBM
P.O. Box 622198                          916-276-5693 Mobile
Orangevale, CA 95662                     916-988-3501 HOME

EMAIL:
Business:  campbelc@informix.com
                 chuckc@us.ibm.com
Personal:  campbelc@calweb.com
           campbelc@isontheweb.com
           campbelc@acm.org

The opinions that I express are my own and may or may-not be
those of my employer IBM