Re: xml schema constraining facets

From: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:23:14 -0800
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Cc: Rieks van der Straaten <rvdstraa@baan.com>

per [1], for integers, fractionDigits = 0
hence the integer listing in Table B1.b [2] would be clearer if integer is
not listed as having a fractionDigits facet

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#integer
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#SimpleTypeFacets

David C. Fallside, IBM
Ext Ph: 530.477.7169
Int  Ph: 544.9665
fallside@us.ibm.com

                    Rieks van der
                    Straaten             To:     David Fallside/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
                    <rvdstraa@baan       cc:
                    .com>                Subject:     xml schema constraining facets

                    01/07/2002
                    05:58 AM

Dear Sir,

I found in table B of the XML Schema Primer
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#SimpleTypeFacets) that totalDigits and
fractionDigits are applicable to integers, but cannot be used for datatypes
float or double. Is this correct, because I do not understand it? I would
expect that it was just the other way around, i.e. the number of digits and
the number of digits behind the decimal point can be set for reals but not
for integers.

Kind regards,
Rieks van der Straaten
technical author