RE: Feature request - anonymous simplecontent type definition within complex type definition

Yes, sorry - I read the message too quickly and overlooked the fact that
you were restricting anyType rather than a simple type definition.

I think this _should_ work because it is the equivalent of deriving a
simple content type from an emptiable mixed content type.  There is a
contradiction in the rec regarding this (see R-68 [1]), but the WG has
agreed to allow this.

Nice solution!

Priscilla

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-rec-comments#pfiSimpleContent

Priscilla Walmsley             priscilla@walmsley.com
Author, Definitive XML Schema     (Prentice Hall PTR)