Suggestions for 1.1

From: by way of <mruss@edvision.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:17:46 +0200
To: W3C XML Schema Comments list <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

Two improvements (I know the first one has been discussed publicly, so I
hope it makes the specification.):

1. The ability to specify mutually exclusive attributes in elements,
complexTypes, and possibly in attributeGroups.

2. For global elements, add an attribute (optional for v1.0 compatibility)
to prevent the element from appearing as a top-level element in the xml
instance. An element constrained in this manner would be usable by reference
in the schema.

Michael Russ
(Senior Software Developer for EdVISION Corporation)