RE: Is +0 a nonPositiveInteger?

I'm afraid I'm not quick enough with regex's to fully grok the intent of
the specific example, but I presume it allows a subset of the lexical
forms allowed for the base dateTime type.  The value space of the derived
type is the set of values corresponding to those lexical forms, IMO.

In general, my understanding was that in the absence of additional
restricting facets on the derived type, the lexical space of any derived
type is the intersection of the lexical space of the base and the set of
lexical forms allowed by the regex.  If there are other constraining
facets (e.g. minExclusive) they further constrain the restricted value
space, and thus indirectly the lexical space.

>> I'm sorry you are troubled but consider this case.

I'm more than troubled about the example I gave, I'm asking:  what is the
lexical space?  We've gone to recommendation.  People have built and
deployed ro our recommendation, and you're implying that there is an
opportunity to consider the lexical space of the derived type is not even
defined?  I have always understood our recommendation to work as described
above (though as you know, I have long suggested that we should devote
some of our formalization efforts to our Datatypes specification -- such
formalization would surely clarify any ambiguities.)  Many thanks...maybe
I'm missing something.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Ashok Malhotra" <ashokma@microsoft.com>