RE: Is +0 a nonPositiveInteger?

But if it is a user-derived simple type, then you have to inherit the
lexical representation to value space mapping of the base type, since XML
Schema provides no other way for a user to specify it.  As for the builtin
derived simple types, I thought there was a principle that derivation of
the builtin simple types works no different from derivation of user-defined
simple types.

This seems to me to be essentially the same problem as R-89

 http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-rec-comments#pfiinteger

and need fixing in the same way.