simple type clarifications needed

From: <sandygao@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:59:44 -0400
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Hi all. Clarifications on the following issues would be appreciated:

1. What are the values of totalDigits and fractionDigits for the decimal
value "0.00"?

I understand that it's still under debate whether these two facets should
be applied on value space, or lexical space. If it's the lexical space,
then it's easy to answer my question. But in case they are applied on value
space, what would be the answer?

2. Whether international digital characters (#x660, for example) are
allowed by date-time types?

For decimal types, it's explicitly mentioned in the spec that the decimal
digits has to be in the range #x30-#x39. But for date-time types, it only
refers to ISO 8601. I'm not that familiar with ISO 8601, and want to be
sure whether characters not in the range #x30-#x39 are allowed.

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255