Re: XML Schema part o: Primer and unordered content.

From: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 06:28:24 -0800
To: pwilson@gorge.net (Peter Wilson), www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Peter, glad to hear the Primer is useful for you. I am forwarding your
suggestion to the XML Schema comments address where it will be considered.
David

David C. Fallside, IBM
Ext Ph: 530.477.7169
Int  Ph: 544.9665
fallside@us.ibm.com

                    pwilson@gorge.
                    net (Peter           To:     David Fallside/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
                    Wilson)              cc:
                                         Subject:     XML Schema part o: Primer and unordered content.
                    11/07/2001
                    10:17 AM

David,

I am reading your excellent primer on XML Schema. One of the things I
was looking for, but did not find, was an example of how to define an
element which can contain an arbitary number of a specified set of
children in any order.  I did find the "all" element but this
specifically limits the children to a single occurrence. Other schema
languages address this usage directly e.g. Trex: "interleave".
I have since found example schema's which use the "group" element to
achieve the desired effect.
Your primer could be usefully improved with an example of this common
usage.
For example the html "inline" group or a form design element where
contents are restricted to a known set of widgets - but in any order and
occurrence.

Regards

Peter Wilson