RE: Lexical and canonical representations of dateTime, et al.

Henry:

Thanks you for reminding us.  As it turns out I have changed my position
on 1 and 3.

Additional digits can be used to increase the precision of fractional
seconds if desired i.e. the format ss.ss... with any number of digits
after the decimal point is supported. To accommodate year values greater
than 9999 additional digits can be added to the left of this
representation.

[AM] I would like the Schema WG to define a minimal level of
conformance.  I suggest that conformant processors be required to
support 4 digit year numbers and microsecond precision on seconds.

3) ISO 8601 specifies that 24:00:00 of one day is the same as 00:00:00
of the following day.  Which is the permitted form in the canonical
representations of the various types?

[AM] I think we need to pick one for the canonical representation.

I vote for 00:00:00

All the best, Ashok
Ashok Malhotra              <mailto: ashokma@microsoft.com
<mailto:%20ashokma@microsoft.com> >