Re: problem with the "Structures" DTD in appendix G of part 1; "Struc tures"?

Sorry for late reply.

Gignac Donald A CRBE <GignacDA@nswccd.navy.mil> writes:

> Ten schema examples in part 0: "Primer" are not in conformance  with
> the "Structures" DTD in appendix G of part 1: "Structures". They begin
> with the following "schema" tags.

You can't tell that from what's given -- there are no DOCTYPE statements.

<snip/>

> In each of these examples, the default name space is
>
> 	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>
> and so the "p" parameter entity specifying the prefix is defined as
>
> 	<!ENTITY % p "">

That's not in the document - you're right _if_ we supplied a DOCTYPE
it should read

<!DOCTYPE schema SYSTEM "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % p "">
<!ENTITY % s "">
]>

but there's no requirement to do so -- the DOCTYPE is not required by
the REC.

> For the above examples, the "s" parameter entities specifying the
> suffix are defined as
>
> 	<!ENTITY % s ":po">
> 	<!ENTITY % s ":po">
> 	<!ENTITY % s ":po">