Are facets permitted on for anySimpleType - Structure 3.14 should say; Primer Appendix B should say; Datatypes 4.3 might say

From: Bob Schloss <rschloss@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:35:07 -0400
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Peter Kriegesmann (Software AG), who uses the IBM XML Schema Quality
Checker available from
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xmlsqc, posted the following question,
and I cannot determine by reading the spec what the answer is.
I would like to see Structures sectin 3.14 updated to answer this question
(and possible other sections in the other 2 specs).

 >If the optional base-attribute of the restriction-element is not set, IBM
 SQC allows >the appearance of any facet in a local simpleType-definition.