re: question about {attribute uses}

Another example I'd like to ask about is the following:

<xsd:attributeGroup name="fred" >
      <xsd:attributeGroup ref="bas:bill"/>
      <xsd:attributeGroup ref="bas:bill"/>
</xsd:attributeGroup>

 <xsd:attributeGroup name="bill">
    <xsd:attribute name="bob" type="xsd:string"/>
 </xsd:attributeGroup>

When we compose the "set" of {attribute uses} for fred, should we only
include the attribute use for "bob" once?   Or does the final set of
{attribute uses} contain 2 duplicate attribute uses for "bob" and result in
an error according to constraint 2, section 3.6.6?

The question is really, should a processor attempt to construct an
{attribute uses} set which doesn't contain duplicate attribute uses, and if
so, what would be considered a duplicate attribute use?

Or, should each distinct attribute use be included in the "set", even if
there are members that are brought in to the set more than once, or have
the same properties as others in the set (which means we detect errors for
them as per constraint 2, section 3.6.6)?

Thx,
Lisa.

---------------------- Forwarded by Lisa Martin/Toronto/IBM on 10/02/2001

Lisa Martin