test suite

From: Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI <kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:58:14 -0700
To: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson)
Cc: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

I have other test cases that I'd like to donate (on behalf of Sun), but
the problem is, they are assembled into one big XML.

Something like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<suite>
  <header xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
    <dc:creator>Sun Microsystems</dc:creator>
    <dc:title>XML Schema test suite</dc:title>

    <author mailto="kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com">Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI</author>
    <version>$Id: TestSuite.xsd.ssuite,v 1.1 2001/08/10 22:24:42 Bear Exp $</version>
  </header>

  <testSuite>
    <header xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
      <dc:title>complex type substitution</dc:title>
    </header>

    <testCase>
      <header xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
        <dc:title>xsiType1</dc:title>
      </header>
      <correct>
          elementFormDefault="qualified"
          targetNamespace="foo" xmlns="foo">

          <xs:complexType name="B">
            <xs:sequence>
              <xs:element name="foo" type="empty"/>
            </xs:sequence>
          </xs:complexType>

This is mainly because it's hard to maintain hundreds of small files,
and files cannot have much meta information which I think is very
important for test cases.

These test suite files can be splitted into smaller files if it's
necessary, so I think it doesn't impose any burden to implementations.

It would be nice if W3C XML Schema test collection adopts this kind of
test suite format. If you are interested in, I can post a schema for
this test suite format.

RELAX NG is adopting more or less same format. Sharing the similar format
will save a lot of efforts.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com