Re: Relative path in Include Element

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 20 Sep 2001 10:29:55 +0100
To: NJayaraman@tomax.com
Cc: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
NJayaraman@tomax.com writes:

> Hi,
>
>      I would like to know how to specify relative path name when including
> other schema definitions. For eg.
>
>      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>      <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>      <xsd:include schemaLocation="tmx_schema_lib.xsd"/>

The URL of the schema document should be used as the base for relative
URLs in the schemaLocation attributes of xs:include and xs:import, in
my opinion, although I don't _think_ the REC says anything about this.

Similarly, the URL of the target document should be used as the base
for relative URLs in the xsi:schemaLocation and
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attributes.

XSV behaves according to those principles.

Which validator are you using?