errata/clarification for regex language

From: Biron,Paul V <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:40:57 -0700
To: "'www-xml-schema-comments'" <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
It appears that we were not explicit enough in our description of the regex
language in Appendix F [1].

Our intension was to follow exactly 2 aspects of Perl's matching algorithm:

1. the "earliest" match wins...that is, since the string is scanned
left-to-right, the match that begins closest to the start of the string
"wins"
2. the "greediest" match wins...that is, the longest substring that can
possibly match (given #1 above) wins.

I think this cna be considered a clarification rather than a change, but
will leave it up to the WG  (I'm especially interested in hearing from
implementors to see if they have implemented something different).

pvb