Lexical space Vs Value space

From: Pranav Kandula <kpranav@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:18:09 -0800
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
Hello,

I am looking at this document located at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/PR-xmlschema-2-20010330/datatypes.html#token
and I basically don't see the difference between the definitions on
Lexical space and Value space. Both have the same
definitions. Am I missing something here ? What is the actual difference
between the two terms ?

The value space of token is the set of strings that do not contain the
line feed (#xA) nor tab (#x9) characters, that have no leading or
trailing spaces (#x20) and that have no internal sequences of two or
more spaces.
The lexical space of token is the set of strings that do not contain the
line feed (#xA) nor tab (#x9) characters, that have no leading or
trailing spaces (#x20) and that have no internal sequences of two or
more spaces

Thanks
Pranav Kandula