RE: [Fwd: XML Schema Part 2 should provide BNF for all primitive types.]

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:44:07 -0500
To: "Ashok Malhotra" <ashokma@microsoft.com>
Cc: jjc@jclark.com, w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org, www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Does it make any sense to do regex's or BNF as non-normative for 1.0,
normative for 1.1?  This might, editors' time permitting, let us get
something out, and still have the opportunigy to fix edge cases before we
make it normative.  I've thought for a long time we need not only a formal
grammar for the lexical forms, but formal mappings to the value space.  In
other words, show the polynomial that gives you the integer value, for
example.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142