Re: CR-53 Response: Add built-in base64Binary and hexBinary types?

I am satisfied with this response.

At first, I was a bit concerned about the impact on specs such as XSLT
and XQuery of the removal of the binary type, and consequently having
two distinct types with the same value space but no common base type.
However, on further reflection, it seems that keeping binary would
introduce its own complexities and anomalies, so I am content with the
WG's decision.