Re: itemType for list

From: Ashok Malhotra <petsa@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:32:54 -0500
To: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Cc: XML Schema Comments <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

James:
That's a typo.  The sentence should read:
"A list datatype must be derived from an atomic or a union
datatype..."

All the best, Ashok

James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>@w3.org on 02/05/2001 04:52:14 AM

Sent by:  www-xml-schema-comments-request@w3.org

To:   XML Schema Comments <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
cc:
Subject:  itemType for list

5.1.2 says "A list datatype must be derived from an atomic or a list
datatype, known as the itemType of the list datatype", which allows
lists of lists but not lists of unions.  I don't understand how it makes
sense to have a list of a list. I also don't understand why you can't
have a list of a union.

James