RE: unique/key/keyref identity-constraints

Clive,

The namespaces are visible through mutual import - the schema containing
CLLocation subtypes can import the schema containing CLComponent subtypes,
and vice versa.  All the namespaces and top-level names are globally
visible.

You cannot currently restrict the type of the target of IDREF.  Not only
that, I'm pretty sure you cannot declare a type whose value must be the name
of a type (or element), unfortunately.  So your linkType appinfo element
would have to be defined as of type QName, and its value (here) would be
clLocationNS:CLLocation - you just need to have an appropriate xmlns
attribute.  Your processor might resolve the namespace for you - I'm not
sure - but your application would certainly need to have access to schema
information to do this added level of validation.

Matthew