Attributes and extension

From: Claude Seyrat <cseyrat@acland.fr>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:23:46 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Dear All,

In case of an extension can we redefine an attribute in order to
change its use or default value ?

In the proposed recommendations :

Constraint on Schemas: Derivation Valid (Extension)
If the {derivation method} is extension:
1.1 If the {base type definition} is a complex type definition:
  1.1.1 The {final} of the {base type definition} must not contain
        extension
  1.1.2
             Its {attribute use pairs} must be a subset of the
             {attribute use pairs} of the complex type definition
             itself, that is, for every attribute use pair in the
             {attribute use pairs} of the {base type definition},
             there must be a pair in the {attribute use pairs} of
             the complex type definition itself whose attribute
             declaration has the same {name}, {target namespace} and
             {type definition} as its attribute declaration;

		^^^^^^^^^^^ does it mean that we can change its
               use and default value ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Claude.