RE: are there uncountably infinite types?

I think Aki means that a uriReference is of arbitrary length, not infinitely
long.  A URI of infinite length would not be very useful on current or
projected hardware/software, but there is a countably infinite number of
URIs (which seems reasonable - do we really need more resources than there
are particles in the universe?)

There may eventually be applications that use datatypes to express either
infinite values or uncountably infinite value spaces, but they will
undoubtedly use some form of symbolic expression, such as sqrt(2) or pi for
infinite values, just as mathematicians always have.  However, I seriously
doubt that XML Schema will ever include native support for these (although
some of them may end up in our type library).

Matthew