Permitting ID attribute on facet element information items

From: Bob Schloss <rschloss@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:26:08 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
I would like to request a change to the DTD for Schemas
(and the Schema for Schemas) so that the ID attribute may
appear on any of the facet element information items.

I believe the change to the DTD for Schemas would be something
like:

replace <!ENTITY % facetAttr "value CDATA #REQUIRED">
with        <!ENTITY % facetAttr %facetId; value CDATA #REQUIRED">

and adding
           <!ENTITY %facetID "id ID #IMPLIED">

I do not expect any references to these IDs from within Schemas but
they will be useful in various ancillary tools which prefer to target
the facet element information items via IDREF rather than via
XPath paths or XPointer ranges.

Thank you,
Bob Schloss