RE: Numeric character references in equivalent character classes in CR-xmlschema-2-20001024

This is a tough one.  The original intent of that "equiv char class" column
was not to give the actual schema regex that the multi-character escape
expanded to, but rather to identy the set of UCS code points that it
expanded to (hence, the entry for "the set of characters matched by NameChar
in XML 1.0" for \c).  But, it appears that appears that many people are
interpreting the column as being the syntax equivalent (and that is very
understandable).

So, I think you are correct, I will change those code point references to
XML character references, hence

	\s		[ \t\n\r]

(note, the typo correct in \w's expansion, as noted in my answer to James'
message to this list this morning [1]).

This also suggests that I should write the expansion of \c in terms of
\p{L}, \p{Nl}, etc.  Do you agree?  I've never figured out exactly what
values for the general category correspond to the NameChar production of XML
1.0.  Has anyone already done so and can save me the trouble (note: the
bullets at the end of Appendix B in 1.0 are a start but not the final
solution).

pvb